Friday, September 4, 2009

September 4, 2009

Why Laptops are so Important to the Classroom
Laptops are important in the classroom for many reasons. Some of the reasons are we use it for math, free writing, to log in what we are reading, write down the things we are excited for 5th grade, more writing, and much more.
One of the websites we go to is http://www.mrsurbanek.wikispaces.com/ where we do most of the school work. At math time, we go into the website to do math games at one of our math centers of the math rotations. This helps us practice and improve our math skills. At writing time, we free write about whatever we want. Also, we go on a website called http://www.writingroadmap2.com/, where we do writing on a topic the teacher, Mrs. Urbanek, gives us. Then we write about what we are excited for in fifth grade on the wiki. Then we do a book review on books we read once a month. My class focuses on fat questions, which are thinking questions. We have to restate it.


Laptops can be used as a dictionary when we write. It can also save paper. We can use it for research when we are on the internet.
I think laptops are the most important thing in fifth grade. We use it for a lot of subjects in the classroom. This is why laptops are important.



----Athena

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Athena nice report. It was so cool to see that you could make blogs.



DeSean

Anonymous said...

Haley
I agree with Athena because you need to use a lap top in middle school to do your home work and more.

Anonymous said...

I like the laptops because we get to type on them instead of paper pencil. Which is cool because it takes less time to do.

Keely

Anonymous said...

I agree how laptops are important and how we go on the wiki.
--Athena

Anonymous said...

I think that laptops are useful for fifth grade because they [or we] show good examples for the little kids and not goof around acting like we are monkeys. The laptops are very helpful to our class because on the computers in the tech lab are totally different because they do not have the things that we have on the laptops. I think that the laptops are the right choice for the fifth graders.

Cambri

Anonymous said...

Athena you did a great job on it and you got everything about what we do on the laptops.I so agree that we do use the laptops for homework.


-Amy

Anonymous said...

I agree that laptops are the most important thing in the room.




Jarred

Anonymous said...

The stories you wrote about what we do in school was great. I liked the part about the laptops that was a great part.

-- Dillon.

Anonymous said...

I agree with the laptops because they help with my homework. [or our homework]


Cambri

Anonymous said...

I think laptops are so much faster and a lot more more fun and you can do all most any think.



Adam

Anonymous said...

I love the laptops too because they're so teeny! Also you could say I'm a PC and I'm 11.


Scott

Anonymous said...

I think laptops are great,but can be pretty tricky.I love that there so small and light,but it,s hard not to drop it.


Sierra

Anonymous said...

This is really good and I love the laptops. The laptops are great and this is good.



name:Aaron

Anonymous said...

I thought it was a really good idea to say what we do on the lap tops.I also thought it was nice that you added what you can use on the lap top.

--Miracle

Anonymous said...

I think using the laptops are fun because we can play games and more.
By Joey

Anonymous said...

Athena you are right the laptops are really fun I also like free writing.

Nour

Anonymous said...

Cambri,

How does the laptops help you with homework?

Scott

Anonymous said...

Athena,
Good job on the Blog page.
Haley

Anonymous said...

Amy,
I agree that Athena did a good job.



DeSean

Anonymous said...

I agree with you on the laptops that the class uses them a lot.

Brice

Anonymous said...

Kenny
I agree that Laptops are important.

Anonymous said...

Sierra,

Why do you say laptops are tricky?

--Athena

Anonymous said...

Nour,

I agree that the laptops are really fun.

Scott

Anonymous said...

I love the laptops because we can surf the web also we can go to the games and the games are awesome. Camryn

Anonymous said...

Haley, I agree with you that we will need to use laptops for our homework. Such as writing a paper for math or LA or other things.

Keely

Anonymous said...

Scott, because on the wiki it helps me not forget our homework.







Cambri

Anonymous said...

DeSean, I agree that Athena should make a blog. Haley

Anonymous said...

Keely:I agree that lap tops are faster than paper and pencil and you don't have to erase ether that's the fun part about it.

--Miracle